Farnborough Road Junior School receives a sum of money called Pupil Premium each year. This money has to be targeted towards more vulnerable learners. Our school is spending Pupil Premium in a number of ways to narrow the gap. We also receive money for School Sport through a direct grant.
We have to report to parents on how we use this money. Full details can be found in the reports at the foot of this page. An overview of our spending can be seen below:-
Pupil Premium has been used to
- provide additional maths teachers to make sure that our more vulnerable children are making good progress in this subject
- Create a fifth maths group in all years
- improve attendance and punctuality by creating additional clerical time to target non attenders as early as posssible each school day
- Use senior teachers to provide high quality intervention sessions for the children in Y6 classes
- improve intervention for reading, writing and maths to make sure that pupils are kept on target to achieve well, using a dedicated team of teaching assistants
- increase Teaching Assistant hours to help with 1:1 support for Pupil Premium students
- generate a love of reading by providing additional reading support outside the normal school day
- improve student engagement by funding extra curricular opportunities.
As a school, we are obliged to publish our data for children who were able to swim 25m by the end of Y6.
In 2017, only 2 children were unable to achieve this. This meant that 98% of our children achieved this level.
In July 2018, every child in Year 6 achieved their 25m unaided swim, meaning 100% pass rate!
In July 2019, every child in Year 6 achieved their 25m unaided swim, meaning 100% pass rate!