class-pages think-you-know think-you-know newsletters uniform-shop twitter ceop ceop school-diary

Farnborough Road Junior SchoolBelonging together, learning together, achieving together


Welcome to Farnborough Road Junior SchoolBelonging together, learning together, achieving together

Busy Week For the A Team

Premier League Tournament


On Wednesday 8 players from the A Team headed off to the Liverpool Football Club Academy to compete in the Premier League Competition. They'd even had a shout out from Chris Evans on his Radio 2 Breakfast Show!


Our opening encounter was against Our Lady Mother of Saviour and the boys soon dominated, creating numerous chances but unluckily couldn't get the ball in the back of the net. Finally Kai hit a curling long range shot to break the deadlock, goals from Arthur and Rhys soon followed.

Result: 3-0.


Next up were St.William's. Rhys opened the scoring but St.William's levelled just on half time. The boys responded with a bullet header from Ivo and a second for Rhys.

Result: 3-1


The third game was against St.Nicholas from Liverpool. Once again the boys took the led (Arthur) only to concede just before half time. However the boys buckled down and Kai and Ivo both notched a goal each.

Result: 3-1


 Fourth match was against Greatwood who'd traveled all the way from Skipton! Unfortunately for them our boys were really on form and went on a goalfest! Scorers were Ivo(2), Kai, Arthur(2), Joe(2) and Oli who scored the goal of the tournament, a brilliant volley from outside the box which screamed in to the top corner of the goal.

Result: 8-0


Our final match was a winner takes all game against Malvern. The boys conceded early to Malvern and saw Rhys have to leave the pitch injured but undeterred they managed to getvthe score back to 1-1. However in the dying seconds Malvern saw the ball rebound in our area and manged to scramble the ball over the line.

Result: 1-2


Unfortunately the the boys were knocked out of the tournament and were disappointed but they should be very proud of their performances and hopefully learn from the experience.


Farnborough 3-2 Churchtown

Opening team


Joe N     Arthur

Joe F     Rhys    Jamie 


The boys responded well to the previous days disappointment at Liverpool Academy by playing some excellent football, creating a raft of chances, hitting the post twice and the Churchtown keeper and Defender Henry blocking anything goalward bound. Arthur finally broke the deadlock with a left fotted strike and Eric made it two slotting it calmly past the keeper.


Second Line-up:


Kai       Jamie

Joe F      Eric    Oliver 


This game saw end to end football, with both teams attacking at one moment and having to defend the next.  Callum pulled of some impressive saves and Captain Joe made it 3 nil to Farnborough when he smashed the ball into the back of the net,seconds after he had had a previous effort saved. Churchtown responded making it 3-1 breaking through the Farnborough defence. Then followed a Farnborough effort smash into the Churchtown crossbar only to rebound upfield and Churchtown broke to make it 3-2.


Third Line-up


Joe        Kai

Oliver     Rhys     Arthur



Once again Farnborough seized the initiative and attacked Churchtown. A combination of post, crossbar, goalkeeper and defender (another Henry) prevented the home team from scoring and with nerves frayed on the touchline supporters and manager counted down to the final whistle.


Both teams saw the final whistle blow with no further score and every player should be proud of the manner and spirit the match had been played.


Well done all players concerned.