We are delighted to announce that Taryn in Y6 has been elected 'Head for a Day' following the elections in school. Her campaign was very successful and she has now met with Mr Antell to tell him of her plans for the big day.
She has decided the following:-
- There will be an afternoon break that day straight after Praise Assembly at about 2.30pm
- There will be playground football on that day on all playgrounds. On the large yard, 5/1 and 5/2 will share morning break. 6/1 and 6/2 will have the first part of lunchtime, with 6/3 and 6/4 having the second part. Afternoon play will be shared by 5/3 and 5/4. On the other two yards, 3/1 and 4/1 will have morning play. 3/2, 3/3, 4,2, 4/3 will share lunchtime. 3/4 and 4/4 will have afternoon break.
- Y5/6 children will be allowed to do SIMPLE gymnastics on the Y5/6 yard under the Y3 windows. Staff on duty will need to supervise for safety.
- All classes will be allowed a film day on Tuesday morning of next week.
- Praise assembly will take place at 2pm on Friday in the canteen. Taryn will be assisted by Ellie R. Miss Gibbons has been asked to attend. Mr Antell is not attending. This may be the time for him to do his SPAG test!
- Taryn will tour classes during the day to find examples of good work, ask teachers about progress and give out Headteacher stickers.
- Taryn may choose to do a playtime briefing for staff at playtime on Friday morning. She has promised biscuits for teachers and TAs.
- Taryn will also be involved in meeting new Trainee Teachers on this day in the Infant School. Mr Antell will attend with her and she will take them around our school if required.