Government advice about Covid changed at the start of this term.
The full guidance can be found on the following link:
- It is not recommended that children and young people are tested for COVID-19 unless directed to by a health professional.
- Children and young people with mild symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat, or slight cough, who are otherwise well, can continue to attend their education setting.
- Children and young people who are unwell and have a high temperature should stay at home and avoid contact with other people, where they can. They can go back to school, college or childcare, and resume normal activities when they no longer have a high temperature and they are well enough to attend.
- If a child or young person has a positive COVID-19 test result they should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 3 days after the day they took the test, if they can.
- Adults (including school staff) are still advised to stay at home for 5 days after they have given a positive test.
I know that this is another change in guidance that has been hard to follow at times and I would like to thank you for your patience and support throughout this difficult period.
Please contact school in the usual ways if you have any questions.
Thank you for your continued support.