Please find the report from our recent Ofsted Inspection below.
We are very pleased that the report reflects the strengths of our school and the progress that continues to be made, making it an even better place to learn.
Amongst the many highlights in the report are some that deserve special mention.
- The impact of teaching on pupils’ learning is usually good and there are examples of excellent teaching and learning across the school-the standards of teaching in our school are consistently good and often better. This means that the school is well place to raise standards even further in the coming years.
- From their individual starting points, pupils make good progress overall-this is the core of our job and we are pleased that the improvements we have made have had a positive impact on children’s learning.
- The behaviour of pupils is good and school records show that this is the norm-the childrens’ behaviour was recognised as excellent and all of the pupils should be very proud of the contribution that they make to the school every day.
- The pupils really appreciate their teachers and their school and they wear their uniform with pride-we are delighted that the positive attitudes of the children have been recognised by the inspection team.
- Pupils say that they feel very safe in school because they know adults care for them well -we ask the staff to look after the children as if they were their own, and the report confirms that we are achieving this.
- School leaders have successfully steered the school through a period of significant changes in staffing and have built an enthusiastic, cohesive team-the school has a strong and dedicated team who are very capable of securing even more improvement in the future.
Lastly, and most importantly, the inspection found that the headteacher is ambitious for the school and is well supported by the deputy headteacher, staff and a highly committed well informed governing body. It is this that will help everyone in our school community work together to make even more progress in the next few years.
Thank you for your constant support,
Cllr Brodie Browne
Chair of Governors