We have developed a new assessment system for this school year.
In brief, this is as follows:
- Children take termly assessments in reading, spelling, grammar and maths. We also assess their writing using set criteria.
- These tests are reported in terms of standardised scores with 100 being the 'expected' standard.
- We report the results to you at our termly Parent/Teacher meetings and on a report. We also report on your childd's progress in six key pastoral areas.
- The children have a termly meeting with their teacher to discuss their targets
- Academic targets have been set for every child based on their Year 2 results.
We have produced an explanatory letter to help you understand the reports that we have produced for your child. This can be found using these links:-
Year 3, 4 and 5
We have also produced a video to help explain the new system. This can be found here:-